The Professional Program (PY) is a well-structured program that focuses on the professional development of aspiring learners by providing them with sufficient practical training and introducing them to a future career path. There are 3 variations to this program-
- Accounting Professional Year Program
- Engineering Professional Year Program
- IT Professional Year Program
An international student who has completed his/her graduation from an Australian university in information technology, accounting, and engineering can apply for this program.
The Professional Year Program is a 44-week program that is further divided into 12 weeks of internship and 32 weeks of coursework.
This program not just offers practical skills but also provides international students with real exposure to the work culture of Australia.
Professional Year Programs (PY) are planned specifically for students who wish to apply to Australia for permanent residency.
Through study and work experience, they encourage students to learn industry-specific skills, preparing them for technical careers in the Australian workforce.
Who is eligible for the Professional Year Program?
Professional Year Program in Australia is currently available in the fields of accounting, computer science, and engineering, or other closely related fields where the demand for skilled graduates is high.
To apply for this program you must hold-
- A Skilled Graduate (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 485), which allows you to stay in Australia for 18 months after the completion of your degree. To be eligible for this visa you must be under 50 years of age, should have completed an eligible qualification within the last six months as a result of at least two years of study in Australia, and possess the skills and qualifications required for a job listed in the Skilled Occupation List.
- Acquire at least 2 years of degree in engineering, computer science, accounting, or a related field from an Australian Educational Institution.
- You also need to prove your English language proficiency like IELTS/ PTE.
- You may/must possess a valid skilled assessment from either of the relevant assessing bodies (ICAA, ACS, CPA, EEA, and IPA).
Engineering graduates who completed their degree at a recognized institution outside Australia are also eligible to complete a Professional Year Program in engineering. They must apply for a Skilled Recognized Graduate (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 476).
Benefits of Australian Professional Year Program
- You will earn valuable work experience in an Australian company through an internship
- Improve your understanding of the culture and practices within the Australian workplace.
- With the successful completion of this program, you get an extra 5 points that will take you one step closer to get permanent residency in Australia.
- Makes you familiar with the Australian work environment.
- Expands your social and professional circles.
The Professional Year Program provides practical job skills and training needed to enhance the career prospects of international students. It is a practical pathway from university to employment which ensures that graduates are job-ready and also helps in boosting your career prospects.
Study Info Centre is there for Study in Australia guide as well as Study in UK guide which is the best education consultancy.