A blog is nothing but a type of website wherein a person writes on the topics that they relate to on a regular basis. They generally write articles on these topics by putting up suitable pictures along with it. They post links to other websites as well from where they have gotten their source material.
Blogging is a genuinely amazing hobby or profession for people who love writing and are passionate about it. Bloggers possess the talent to put their thoughts into words in a clear, precise, and comprehensive manner.
However, a blogger has to first go through some struggles of their own. Ever wondered what these struggles were?
One of the primary concerns that a blogger faces at first is finding its own domain. To start a blog, a blogger requires to have a URL or domain name on the world wide web where we can actually see their blogs.
To put it in simple terms, a domain is the internet address of a particular blog or blogger.
To come up with the perfect domain name is considered to be one of the crucial stages for a blogger to achieve success. The domain name is how the readers would recognize or lookup for a particular blogger.
Here is how you could come up with the perfect domain for your blog:
1. While choosing extensions, go for the most used extensions like, ‘.com,’ ‘.net’ and ‘.org’. Avoid using the trending new extensions like ‘.photography’ or ‘.blog’ as they are not considered that credible, and the new users would get confused and would not be able to find your blog.
2. Use relevant keywords in your domain as it would help the search engine recognize what your blog is about. Use myvu to get to know about the top blogging sites and get the idea for your domain name accordingly.
3. While using the keywords, make sure that the domain name does not look that long. A short and precise domain name is both easy to remember and has more effect. It should also not be a very complex word that would be hard to pronounce or spell.
4. Do not use hyphens in your domain name as hyphens are considered to be the sign of spam domains. This would hurt the chance of your blog getting noticed to a great extent.
5. Your domain should be unique so that the readers can recognize your site from the other sites. However, avoid using double letters consecutively, like, ‘shippingground.com,’ as it has a high chance of getting typed wrongly, and you would lose the potential traffic on your blog.
6. Do thorough research and find out if the domain name that you are thinking to apply does belong to any other business or blog. Even if someone exists with a similar domain name, try to come up with a slightly different name so that there isn’t a clash between the two sites.