If there are specialties in the law to aid someone receiving bodily injury, as with doctors, it is not necessarily a guarantee of quality but remains a selection criterion. One thing is certain, it will be necessary to check that the personal injury lawyer does not work with other files, on behalf of an insurer. Sometimes, in fact, certain firms specializing in personal injury law, attracted by the lure of profit, or quite simply because they cannot do without the clientele constituted by insurers, can then work on behalf of insurance.
A personal injury lawyer Charlotte NC-located mostly specializing in bodily injury law will then represent the insurance companies ahead of the victims before the courts for a few cases, and then, in other cases, represent accident victims. The problem is that the lawyer, when he represents the victim, then finds himself faced with the same insurance that regularly gives him work. It is best to consult with a lawyer with ethics and one who will work in the best interest of the client and not the insurance companies.
Progress of the Case
Many law firms have embarked on the business of “compensation for bodily injury” thinking that it is enough to hold the hand of the victims and to participate in some forensic expertise and their compensation to be remunerated on the sums recovered. This process is scandalous and you will have to react very quickly if your personal injury lawyer does not keep you informed, for example, of the progress of your case.
Be careful, the files are very long and it is inconceivable that your personal injury lawyer informs you “every day”… You have to qualify. A personal injury lawyer who carries out his mission perfectly should be a lawyer who:
- Ask you the right questions (some don’t)
- Have you complete a questionnaire to facilitate the work of the medical advisor for victims
- Explain to you how it was going to work
- Explain the entire compensation process to you: the steps up to consolidation
- Respond to all your questions (by email in general) in less than 48 hours, and 24 hours for the best response
- Works in tandem with a doctor who advises victims
- Works as a team, with several other personal injury lawyers on your file
- Does not hesitate to initiate legal proceedings at the slightest problem
- Perfect knowledge of personal injury law
- Writes articles on the subject (minimum one hundred)
- Is regularly solicited by the media
- Finally displays its results
A law firm should be part of the exceptional ranking of the best personal injury lawyers, and this is for the pleasure of all of the clients who have trusted in them.
Stay with the Professional
The specificities attached to the procedure occurring following a traffic accident and/or to the procedure in aggravation require to surround yourself with professionals, such as your Charlotte personal injury lawyer, who will be able from the origin of the file to safeguard your rights for the purposes of fair compensation, in accordance with the law.