With 8 hours of shift a day, you spend 40 hours a week and 1900 hours in a year sitting on a chair while working on a computer system. At the outset, you can’t help but frown eyebrows at these numbers in disbelief. But even with a nodding acquaintance with these calculations, you will eventually nod your approval for these figures after doing your math. Aside from being informative, these numbers explain why having an ergonomic chair is imperative for both your body and its posture.
If you put your money into the right computer chair, by considering your comfort, it will remain with you as a valuable investment. And due to its dividends, you will be able to reap the benefits of your decision in the long run.
Why is it essential to pay attention to comfort while choosing an ergonomic chair?
Numerous studies indicate a proportional relationship between sitting comfort and productivity in workplaces. What it means is that sitting comfort can boost your productivity in your office.
In addition, an ergonomic chair with seating comfort also creates a positive work environment in several other ways. For one, it minimises the possibility of developing back strain or fatigue. Plus, it also relieves the discomfort in the work environment that sets in due to sitting for long hours.
How to get a bigger bang for your buck while choosing an ergonomic chair for comfort?
Every buyer wants to put their money into the right item. You would also want to do the same when buying an ergonomic chair for comfort. Wondering how you can get a bigger bang for your buck by choosing such a chair? For it to happen, you must pay attention to some of its key features. Ergonomic chairs are primarily used in offices. Therefore, alongside being stylish, it must be comfortable.
Some of the key features to look for while choosing an ergonomic chair for comfort include the following:
- Adjustability: Ideally, an office chair should be adjustable. You should be able to adjust its tension control, angle, height, arm height and width, and seat back height with ease.
- Lumbar support: Most people vouch for ergonomic chairs with lumbar support for a good reason. If you use a chair without lumbar support, you may suffer back strain. Worse, it can even make you vulnerable to sciatica. Keeping these things in mind, it is imperative to choose an item that offers good lumbar support.
- Ability to recline: If you are planning to buy an ergonomic computer chair, invest in a unit using which you can reach out to your keyboard without any difficulty. With the reclining ability of a chair, you can adjust yourself to a comfortable position while working on a computer system. This feature will enable you to work for longer hours without any difficulty or discomfort.
- Wheelbase: To get some items from the other side of your desk, you may attempt to reach out to them. With a rotating wheelbase, you can do it without the chance of developing a back strain. While all ergonomic chairs have a wheelbase these days, you must consider a chair’s smoothness on carpets if your workplace has a carpeted floor. A compatible wheel base will rotate the wheels of your ergonomic chair freely. As a result, you will be at ease and comfortable.
- Chair fabric: Oftentimes, most buyers fail to pay attention to the fabric of a chair. They tend to overlook it while observing the other features of an ergonomic chair. A breathable fabric is what you need to feel comfortable while sitting on a chair for long hours. Before finalizing your choice, alongside the fabric, also take a look at the cushioning of a chair. It must have an adequate cushion to support your weight without making you feel the base.
Additional points to consider at the time of buying an office chair
Other than the aforementioned considerations, you also need to look for the following to choose the best ergonomic chair for your comfort:
- Take a look at the length of the seat of your chosen chair. It should be long enough to make you feel comfortable when you sit on it.
- Check the position of its armrest. It should be in the right position to support your shoulders.
- Check if the chair has an adjustable height in line with your height.
- Choose a chair that supports the lower back.
Make the most out of the Christmas sale in Australia
After knowing the basics of buying an ergonomic chair for comfort, you are ready to buy it on the day of Christmas. By making the above considerations, you will be able to choose the best ergonomic chair in Australia. Choose an item that meets the above considerations along with your requirements and budget.